Terms of Service
Effective: April 2004
- Content: U4Net exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through its services, U4Net makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. U4Net will not be responsible for any damage you suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by its own negligence or your errors or omissions. Use of any information obtained via the internet is at your own risk. U4Net specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its support or services. U4Net makes no guarantees or warranties on quality of service. 56k Modem Service may be supported in your area. However, current federal regulations limit download speed to 53K. Telephone line quality and other interference may also reduce data communication speeds.
- Illegal Use: The services of U4Net may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is threatening, obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless U4Net from any claims resulting from your use of its service(s) which damages you or another party.
- Access: You will have access to all of the resources available on the Internet, WWW, NEWS, E-MAIL and much more. All users have what is commonly referred to as “unlimited access” accounts. These accounts are better described as “unlimited interactive” or “unmetered”. You may stay connected to the internet services of U4Net for as long as you like, but only if you are using the system or its connection to the internet interactively. U4Net reserves the right to terminate a connection, with or without activity, at any time. U4Net prohibits running a web server on a system that is dialing in to its service(s), or automatically checking for e-mail, or pinging a system on the internet to prevent the timeout of your connection when you are not otherwise using the internet. U4Net reserves the right to terminate any connection that is suspected to be non-interactive. U4Net reserves the right to use automation to detect non-interactive use. U4Net uses an inactivity timer to detect lines that are inactive. “Inactivity” is currently defined as 15 consecutive minutes of lack of network traffic. U4Net reserves the right to change the definition of “inactivity”. You acknowledge you are responsible for any and all local or long-distance telephone charges for connecting to the Internet services of U4Net.
- Support: You acknowledge that U4Net support service, whether delivered by telephone or in person, is provided on an “as is” basis with no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of performance, result, outcome and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Acceptable Use: Your access to other networks connected to the services of U4Net and/or the Internet at large, must comply with the rules appropriate for that other network and/or service. Use for lawful commercial purposes is both permitted and encouraged. Connectivity is provided for you as an individual and/or your immediate family only. Resale of direct connectivity or hosting services to other individuals or organizations is prohibited.
- Payment: Payment is due 20 days after date of invoice. Accounts are in default if payment is not received within 20 days after date of invoice. If paying by check and your check is returned to us for insufficient funds, you are immediately in default and you will have your service interrupted. When a check is returned for insufficient funds, a returned check charge of $25 will be applied to your account. Accounts unpaid 20 days after date of invoice will have their service interrupted and incur a $5 late fee. Such interruption does not relieve you from the obligation to pay. Only a written request to terminate your
service relieves you of your obligation to pay for future services. If you default, you agree to pay U4Net its reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection agency fees ($25 minimum or 10% whichever is more), incurred in enforcing its right under these Terms and Conditions.
- Debit Card: If paying by Debit Card, e.g. a form of payment identified with a Visa or MasterCard logo that deducts from a designated checking or savings account of your financial institution, U4Net will not be responsible for any regular or overdraft service fees charged to you as a result of U4Net own error or negligence or your error or negligence.
- Advance Payment: U4Net will bill for service one month in advance, and reserves the right to deny repayment of advanced month service payment, if U4Net is not notified 15 days before cancellation of service.
- Subscription Rates: U4Net reserves the right to change its Internet subscription rates by notifying you 15 days in advance of the effective date of the change.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms and conditions of any order submitted. Use of the Internet services of U4Net constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Your further acknowledge that you have relied on no representation or warranty of U4Net in entering into this agreement.
- These provisions shall survive termination of this agreement.
U4Net, U4Com-Net.com, U4Com, and U4Com.com are trademarks of U4Net All other trademarks acknowledged.